Another day in Statesboro; another waffle breakfast. We didn't do a lot today, but I did visit the local mall and Walmart. If you haven't been in a Walmart before, think Big W x 3 with Woolworths included. It's an awesome, epic testament to the human-race's ability to buy and consume pretty much anything, and our need to buy and consume these things without having to suffer the petty inconvenience of moving to different stores. Really, is a drive-thru Walmart that far on the horizon? I think not.
My Nashvillian brother arrived tonight. It's great to see him again, even if it is only for a few days!
After posting my blog last night (and it's references to my studies) I promptly had an anxious dream/nightmare where I discovered that I had to get my thesis properly bookbound by tomorrow otherwise my PhD would be void (ok, 'void-er'). This just confirms in my mind that this blog may well serve as a record of my slow spiral into insanity, so while I'm here I'd like to get one thing off my chest: The Kings of Leon suck. Thanks, I feel much better.
We're off to Savannah tomorrow, for the compulsory photo of us sitting on Forest Gump's bus stop chair. Any guesses for how many times Jess will say "Run Forest, run!"?
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'd like to defend my friend by saying, I think she'll say it like 15 times, and aside from that she'll say - 'mumma says life's like a box of chocolates..' and probably quote many other part of the movie too!!!! I'm really jealous that you're going to see the seat!!!! Please make sure we get to see this photo tomorrow!
ReplyDeletewhen are you guys coming home??? I'm hanging for some clarkie time!!!!