Saturday, December 5, 2009

Move it, move it

Well, we've move all but the dregs of our house contents. Using herculean strength Wayne and Mark helped us load our possessions into a truck, and then stack it all in storage. In a feat which validated all of our collective years of tetris practice, we managed to stack all of our belongings into a very small space. Jess was a crazy house-packing, truck-loading, room-cleaning, trailer-backing, non-drink-spilling (I'm looking squarely at you, Mark and Wayne), box-carrying machine. In fact she is still out there doing things 12 hours after we first started, while I'm here at my parents' house (our new temp home) looking after our child, feeling weak, tired and emasculated. :-)

Amelia has already said that she wants to "go back home now daddy" and when she saw the pictures of the house on the computer she excitedly said "There's my house!" I'd imagine it would all be a little confusing since she has spent every one of her 2 1/2 years there, but she's about to fly all over the US in an aeroplane, so I'm pretty sure that in the long run it will rank fairly low as far as confusing things go. And it really is a bit sad to be leaving our first house, but we're about to jump on a plane in 4 days so we really won't have much time to be sentimental.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment